Friday, August 4, 2017

Back of My Boyfriend's Harley

"I get my best ideas when I'm riding on the back of my boyfriend's Harley!" ~ Linda H.

I know... sounds like the lyrics of a bad or maybe even good country song. The point is, we all need to find "that place" where we can open our mind to fresh new ideas. We all have that magic place, we just need to go there more often and then take action. 

I am guilty,  and I am sure you may be at times, of coming up with ideas and then being fearful of implementing them or at the very least sounding them off a trusted advisor. 
Why? Maybe we are afraid of what people will think. Or doubtful that the idea may even work? 

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Great minds discuss ideas. Weak minds dismiss them". 
John Keynes reminds us that "Ideas shape the course of history, especially our own."

So go to your "idea place" more often. Whether it is on the back of a Harley, your daily run (mine), sitting on your porch, or whatever works for you... go there, take that idea and share it, try it, just don't let it die. 

"Remember, if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. If you want to arrive at a new destination, you need to take a new path." ~ John Maxwell

-------------------------------------------------




No comments: