Scarcity Mindset Leaders vs. Abundance Mindset Leaders***
- Scarcity mindset leaders negatively impact their organizational culture. When a leader's perception is a lack of resources, money, or opportunities, the result is dysfunctional work politics, fear, and paranoia.
- Scarcity mindset leaders feel that when others succeed, something is being taken away from them.
- Scarcity mindset leaders suppress and often destroy; creativity, innovation, and teamwork.
- Scarcity mindset leaders create hostile environments where it is unsafe to have vulnerability trust (Lencioni).
Abundance Mindset Leaders will empower those around them to grow, be authentic, and develop their skills further.
- Abundance Mindset Leaders create an environment of openness, opportunity, and recognition.
- A leader with an Abundance Mindset does not feel threatened and is genuinely happy for others to succeed and thrive.
- Abundance Mindset Leaders will also invest in their own self-development to flourish in all areas of life; physical, mental, emotional, financial, career, and spiritual.
- Abundance Mindset Leaders create a plethora of possibilities, creative thinking, innovative opportunities, and strengthens team cohesion.
- An Abundance Mindset Leader is cultivated from a sense of personal self-worth, a genuine self-belief and knowing of one's strengths, and security in one's leadership abilities.
*** Inspired by Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Successful People and the Leadership Freak blog.