Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Question, What Am I Good At?

***Top Rated Post***


Did you ever say to yourself, what are my gifts? my talents?

A few years ago I had a meeting with entrepreneur who wanted to expand into another business. Her dilemma was that she was not sure what type of business to start.
I asked Patti,  "What are your skills?"
"Skills? I'm not sure", she answered humbly.
I knew right away that she needed my help.

I think we all struggle sometimes with identifying what we are good at.

Here are three questions you probably never asked anyone before:
  1. Ask three of your closest friends;  "What do I do that you depend on?"
  2. Ask three business associates; "If I worked for you, what would you have me do?"
  3. Ask three clients/customers; "What is it about me that made you decide to purchase my service/product?"
Write it all down and read through your notes several times. Take a few moments to think, and the question; What am I good at? ...will be answered.

Today Patti's new business is growing because she recognized her gifts and her talents and decided to do what she was good at.
----------------------------------------------------

No comments: