- Complaining about one's own problems (health, finances, relationships) and not being interested in the problems of others.
- Talking constantly about trivial things, always including unimportant details, and repeating tired old jokes.
- Showing no emotion, failing to make eye contact. and talking in a monotone.
- Seriousness- never smiling, joking, or making light of things.
- Tediousness, especially talking too slowly.
- Low participation. Never joining in conversation and always just going along with what is being said.
- Distracting behavior, including frequent use of expressions such as "you know" and "just saying".
- Self-centeredness. Always talking about your own life, experiences, and interests.