Sunday, July 19, 2015

Don't Give Me that Work/Life Balance Cop-Out.

A few weeks back I went to a party with a friend. The host had a rule: no one was allowed to talk about their work.

 Really?!

I'm a business owner, my work is my life and I love it.
I actually don't want to be around people who don't love what they do...boring!
It's a fact that 67% of people working for someone else hates his or her job...I feel sorry for them.

Life is too short to hate your job. Its 50% of our waking hours!

And when it come to business owners...We must love what we do,  or we will fail!

Three tactics for battling the "lets not talk about work" crowd.
1. Tell them,  I love my job and enjoy talking about it with others who love their jobs.
2. If you are wasting your life in a job that you don't like to talk about, then I'm not sure being around you is a positive thing.
3. Don't give me that work/life balance cop-out...if you love your job its all about work/life harmony. Blending the love of your job with the love of your family, friends and personal activities is a Win-Win for life.
------------------------------------------------------------




No comments: