Keep in mind, it's not always "time" management.... we all have the same 24 hours in a day; energy, focus and direction play a major role in how you manage your day.
Answer Yes or No to the following:
- When meeting with your team or a one to one, do you always come prepared?
- Do you sort your work by priority.
- At the end of the day do you make a list of your next day priorities?
- Do you list recommended actions?
- Are you drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day?
- Do you start each day tackling your most immediate goals?
- Are you sleeping at least 7 hours a night?
- Are you limiting your caffeine intake?
- Do you spot check yourself, to be sure you are keeping on schedule?
- Do you commit and follow through with a structured exercise program?
- Do you congratulate yourself when you complete a task?
- Do you allow time for the unexpected, such as phone calls and interruptions?
- Do you have a plan for eating foods that maximize your health vs. inhibit your well-being?
- Do you check items off your list as you accomplish them?
- Do you help keep team meetings and one to one meetings organized and on schedule?
Total up the Yes answers. A score of 12 or more is a sign that you are on the right path to maximizing your time. A score of 9 to 11, means you get lazy like me sometimes. A score of 8 or less?.... I am thinking you may need some help.
* Teamwork notes