Monday, May 27, 2019
7 Leadership Lessons From Dad
Ed Gambone started his leadership journey with the Kroger Company right after World War II.
Dad lived in a generation when people quite often defined their lives by the company that employed them. I can empathize with that myself, I spent 36 years at Giant Eagle Supermarkets, my Dad trumped that with 48 years in the Kroger Company.
In reflection, here are 7 Leadership Lessons from Ed Gambone:
1. Laugh more at your own "goof-ups" then other's "goof-ups".
2. Never be on time for a meeting or an appointment, always be early.
3. Promote the successes of others.
4. Know the difference between "giving a hand", and giving a "hand-out".
5. Don't just let "family" happen, make "family" happen.
6. Always have a strong work ethic and more importantly, have "ethics" that are always strong.
7. "Do what you love, love what you do, and share that love with everyone." ~ EG *
*Quote from Ed Gambone, first published in my book Pecan Pie.