Saturday, May 20, 2017

A R R O G A N C E


 A good friend of mine, Jim Shorkey*, will tell you that arrogance is a sure road to leadership failure.

3 questions and food for thought---

1. Why do I act like I know something when I don't?
---  "The need to appear competent prolongs incompetence." ~ LF

2. How often do I get defensive when questioned?
---"Stagnation is the consequence of defending rather than exploring." ~JM

3. Am I the smartest person in the room?
 --- If you answered yes...then you are in the wrong room.

"The pursuit of excellence includes the acceptance that you aren't there yet." JM

The best leaders are the best learners. I say, ask the stupid question. Leadership is about being vulnerable enough to say,  I don't know. The more you ask the more you learn.

Excellent leadership begins with humility.

Humility enables development... arrogance destroys it.

*Jim Shorkey, creator of the Jim Shorkey Auto Group (7 dealerships throughout Pennsylvania)
and Life Success Coach.
www.resultsfromthinking.com

--------------------------------------------------------------





No comments: