Monday, February 10, 2014

Everyone Falls, Not Everyone Fails

You know the cliche'... "What's old, is new again."

In a recent Success Magazine CD I heard something that reminded me of some heartfelt words,  shared with me years ago,  by John Susan.
 John was a mentor of mine for many years.

...After struggling through a terrible year in one particular store, I was demoted and put on probation.

John shared with me these inspiring words:

"Bob, in business there is a difference between falling and failing...just like the stock market, all businesses fall. Its takes passionate leadership to prevent the failure."

A few weeks later he sent me a note with this quote...
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." ~Author Unknown

John died of pancreatic cancer in his mid 50's.
 In my book Pecan Pie, I credit John for my leadership growth.
Memory Eternal - John Susan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: