Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Power of Passionate Enthusiasm!

We all know great storytellers.

Whether it is a family member, friend, or a business associate… when they speak, we listen and with great anticipation.

I have always been intrigued by a great storyteller because of their ability to retell a story over and over again while sustaining the attention of their audience…I attributed that skill to a great memory.

Well....about 3 weeks ago, I had an “Oh Wow!" moment.

I was privileged to be part of a training session conducted by Ivan R. Misner, PhD. (founder of BNI, the world’s largest networking organization).

Ivan had just completed telling a story to the class, one that I know I have heard him tell at least 9 times.

After the applause quieted down, I asked Ivan;
“Ivan, how do you do it? How do you retell a story over and over again with the same passion and enthusiasm?”

Ivan looked all of us in the eye and said… “Never retell a story, RELIVE IT!”

No comments: